Not recyclable curbside.
EASY: Buy in Bulk
This tool finds stores with bulk sections near you. Bring your own reusable bags to a bulk section and get your snacks there. Unfortunately, I know from experience that many of the bulk salty snack options are limited.
Terracycle recycles certain brands of chip bags if you clean them and mail them in. Check out participating snack brands here.
Hard: Make your own snacks
This option definitely requires you to put aside a good chunk of time. I haven’t tried most of these recipes, but they definitely sound yummy (and fairly straightforward):
Recipes for specific snacks:
Other Recipes + Ideas:
- 8 packaged foods you can make yourself
- 50 Package Free Snack Ideas
- 13 Healthy Homemade Snacks (Perfect for Kids Lunch Boxes)
- 8 Packaged Staple Foods You Can Easily Make From Scratch
- Plastic Free Snacks
- Huge Pinterest Board with tons of Zero-Waste Snacks/Food Ideas
Great list of ideas, thank you! Looking forward to trying some of the recipes!