Branching Out Educator Americorps Member
Status: Accepting Applications for 2021-2022 schoolyear
The Branching Out Educator works with Imago’s partner agencies to provide hands-on, inspirational educational experiences for young people with a particular emphasis on people who live in urban areas.
The Educator will plan, deliver, evaluate and revise numerous lessons using the outdoors as the foundation. The educator will offer these education experiences to our partner Cincinnati Public Schools.
Hours: Full time
- No previous experience is necessary, but the applicant should be self-motivated with an interest in learning about natural history as well as environmental education.
- Be comfortable teaching elementary children
- Have a passion for nature and the environment
- Be comfortable working in hot, cold, rainy, muddy and buggy conditions
- Be self-driven while also collaborating with several partners
- Be an excellent presenter and communicator
Schedule & Location: Imago’s main office is located in Price Hill. The Educator will also travel to our partner schools to lead programming both during and after the school day. Most of the programs will take place Monday through Friday between 8am-4pm.
You will be hired as a member of AmeriCorps. Americorps is a National Service organization. As an AmeriCorps member you will join a community of thousands of people who are performing community service throughout the nation. You will be a part of the local Notre Dame Mission Volunteers. AmeriCorps members receive a stipend of $15,100 for their year of service as well as a $6,495 education award that can be used towards student loans or for future education.
There are two general steps:
- Fill out this super simple form – it helps us get to know you a little bit and set us up for a call.
- We’ll reach out to you to schedule a call – the call is quick intro to Imago, the position and gives you a chance to ask questions about each. After the call, we can each determine if we should continue with the interview process.