Summer Camp Intern
Status: Accepting Applications for Summer 2021
The Summer Nature Camp Intern is an integral part of Imago’s education team who assists in designing and running our summer camp programming. Imago’s nature camps are designed to be hands-on, exploration filled days at Imago’s urban nature preserve. Each camp is a week-long day camp with no overnights. All camps will be run using state and federal COVID guidelines with limited group sizes, strict health protocols, and an emphasis on sanitization of spaces and materials.
This is a great opportunity if you are passionate about creating and implementing meaningful outdoor experiences for youth. For more information about Imago’s Summer Camps, visit imagoearth.org/camps
Hours: 30-35 hours/week; primarily Monday-Friday, 8:30-3:30
- No previous experience is necessary, but the intern should be self-motivated with an interest in learning about natural history as well as environmental education.
- Be comfortable teaching and leading children
- Be comfortable working outdoors in hot, buggy, cold, muddy, and rainy conditions
- Be willing to undergo a Criminal Background Check.
Schedule and Location: The internship is approximately 9 weeks- starting in the last week of May, primarily running in June and July, with the potential for a few additional days at the beginning of August. 30-35 hours a week, from 8:30-3:30, with some limited flexibility.
The intern will be based at Imago’s urban nature preserve and education building.
There are two general steps:
- Fill out this super simple form – it helps us get to know you a little bit and set us up for a call.
- We’ll reach out to you to schedule a call – the call is quick intro to Imago, the position and gives you a chance to ask questions about each. After the call, we can each determine if we should continue with the interview process.